Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back in the BIG I, T

Well, here I am again, and sitting here today with me is the Macbook, lesson plan book, other teacher paperwork- some of you would know what I mean when I say that that paperwork is self-made accommodation and modification forms for each of my 26 students.

I also am sitting across from a bowl of plums that the pazar salesman piled quickly into my plastic bag Friday night so that he might close down shop and eat and not just smell and sell food all day. Ramazan (Ramadan is how you all know it) is coming to its close next week, but last night the end of the daily fasting period was drawing to a close and the deals we were blessed by include: a combination of 8 different fruits and vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, plums, carrots, grapes, potatoes and red peppers) for between 1 tL (Turkish Lira) and 1.5 t and each bag weighed about 2 pounds. In America, that would be 16 pounds of this medley of future nourishment at about 66 cents-$1.00 per pound. So the most we paid was--- yes, that's too easy.. $16.00. Hmm? wonder who is going to whip out a calculator to figure the least amount we paid.... I am. I am tired today and mental math is not so much my constant companion when I am tired as it is when I am awake. The least we paid was $10.56. Yes, pazar produce purchases are economically a blessing. Also, a blessing, thus far of the bills I have paid online with the 200 tL I put in last May for my return paid themselves practically. The account accrued 16 tL and the bills totaled 21 tL- summer and a vacant apartment for most of August- what a gift to be so blessed. The King does take care of His children!!

Family and Friends, please let me take, just another few moments of your time. An introduction must be made for the sake of future posts and truly more for the sake of honoring the blessed gift who is my new roommate. Ann Stringer is just younger than my Mom, full of life and 10 years of teaching experience in China (9 years) and Korea (1 year). She is spunky, kind, motherly in the kindest and fun-loving ways when she needs to be... we get along very well. That's all too short of description.. she is much more than just a few sentences can convey.

That's all for now...


Blessings and Love from the Big I, T

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment