Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pi Day

Today is March 14th also known as Pi Day to those of us who (or have taught) teach math. If you will recall from math Pi is about 3.14... March 14th numerically at least where I come from is 3/14. However, nowadays, I right my dates the "European" way... 14/3/10. I say its the European way because that's what friends around here refer to this dating system as... back in February I was still dating the "American" way for my first 2 weeks or so, but at others I was European dating things. Now, I am always writing the European way. Which makes me wonder how I will be dating my checks when I get home after so much familiarity with the European way. Random thoughts I realize... but not too much has gone on here as of late. Testing students and teaching students are my norm.
Tomorrow I will do my first elementary staff inservice. All about modifying curriculum for students and especially how to do this in Elective Courses. I will also be explaining the link between learning struggles and behavior and how to address the behaviors appropriately. Should be interesting to hear what comes out of this inservice as I am not a 'talk at' you type of teacher... I am more like a talk with you kind of teacher... so it will be very much an open exchange of thoughts, questions and the like.
Gotta run... my timer just went off... think my lunch is done :)
Happy Pi Day!

2 comments:

  1. from me, the traveling teacher, please forgive the poorly written first sentence. I had slept only 5 hours the night before... I apologize to my friends who expect more from me grammatically. Thanks for your kindness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news.. i know how to edit post... so PI Day is now edited and reads better :)

    ReplyDelete