Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a little story...

"Good to see you today," I greeted one of my students as he walked through the door huffing and puffing as he always runs (more or less) from his first floor classroom to my sixth floor classroom.
"Time to take your open-book quiz," I say a few seconds after he takes his seat.
"Can I go to the bathroom first, I am pooped..."?
"Oh no," I say as I always do because I remind him each day he comes to take his time and not rush up those stairs and again his eagerness to get to my classroom has gotten the best of him.
This dear little one assumed that I thought that his "I am pooped" meant well.. you get my point...
because he quickly replied to my "Oh no" with an emphatic, "I AM NOT THAT KIND OF POOPED!!!!"
Quickly, before I could permit myself any room to giggle, I said, "I understand... you are worn out, now please go use the restroom and when you get back your quiz will be waiting for you."
As he walked out the door, I could not help but let a smile make it's way across my face :)

1 comment: