Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Birthday Brunch, Blossoms, Big Snail, Bosphorus and Beautiful Music

This B-day will not be one I will soon forget. I awoke to a phone call from my beloved. He stayed on the phone with me until it was time to leave for brunch with Anne. Anne and spent the first part of our morning eating brunch. Food was everywhere- fruits, nuts, grains, breads, eggs, sausages, potatoes, vegetables, sweet dishes in abundance. Tea, water, coffee or orange juice to quench your thirst was also provided. The setting was most stunning as spring blossoms surrounded the perimeter in brilliant color- tulip bulbs of red, yellow, pale pink, purple, golden orange, yellow with red veins, brighter pink as well as pansies, posies and a few multi-colored flowers that are of an unknown (to me) name. The pine tree boughs swayed in the breeze gently and the whole park was surrounded by views of the stunning (I never get tired of looking at it) Bosphorus. On our way to catch a bus to catch a taxi (taksi) we came across quite a BIG snail.

The day wore on and I took a short nap before heading out for an evening of Turkish praise and worship, an Easter message in Turkish and a beautifully boisterous German Gospel concert. Anne knowing the choir leaders took me backstage where she asked them to sing Happy Birthday to me. We then all went to break bread together and enjoyed good food, fun, and fellowship : ) Got home so very late, but Mom and Kairos Easter Dinner Friends, found time to call me from Allyson's and I was so glad to see and chat for a few precious minutes on Skype with a few of them and say hi to all of them briefly.

What a great day it was and l am still basking in the glow of how blessed I was this 33rd birthday celebration that I shared with the Family of God as we celebrated the truth that Christ the Lord is Risen and He Lives Forevermore!

No comments:

Post a Comment